Recipe by Polly_Waffle_Kid
This is a recipe that I took from a junior cook book. I made this a few years ago and my family enjoyed it a lot. Hope you family will too =)
Top Review by Pot Scrubber
Great soup, PWKid! My stepson doesn't like tomato soup but I coerced him into trying a bowl. He said the cream in the recipe was great! He ate a bowl then he made himself another bowl for a snack a few hours later! I was stunned stupid. Thanks for the recipe. He's 14 and wants a girlfriend. If you are interested...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 (410 g) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 1 cup cream
- spring onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook until very soft and lightly golden, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, tomato paste and sugar to the pan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat.
- Simmer the soup, partially covered with a lid, for 20 minutes. Allow the soup to cool a little, then process it in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan, stir in the cream and reheat gently. Don't let the soup boil once you have added the cream, or it will curdle.
- Serve heated, garnished with chopped spring onions.