I could not believe this is not already up here at Zaar not to worry I can share This is one terrific basic comfort soup. Best I have ever tasted
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups tomatoes, skinned and cut up
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1In a medium saucepan stew the first 5 ingreients up until sugar.
- 2stew for at least 15 Minutes.
- 3blend until smooth and return to pot and simmer.
- 4in a separate oven proof pot prepare white sauce
- 5melt butter over medium heat and add flour cook for about 2 minutes and gradually whisk in milk.
- 6Add onion and spices
- 7whisk until the mixture thickens about 10 minutes.
- 8place in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes
- 9add to tomatoe mixture and stir.
- 10serve with croutons and a dollop of sour cream and chopped chives sprinkle with a little paprika for decoration.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.5
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 87.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: