Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple easy soup to make that tastes great.
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Saute onions til transparent.
- Add sugar, salt and stewed tomatoes.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter, stir in flour.
- Mix over medium heat, and stir in milk, whisking to make a smooth sauce.
- Heat thoroughly and add tomato mixture.
- Heat through and serve.
Yum! This deserves a 5, both for flavor and ease of preparation. I did pulse slightly, not much, because I like chunky soup. It doesn't need the sugar at all. I'll use this recipe a lot. thanks for posting . . . . . Janet
Made this for dinner tonight to go along with Maryland Crab Cakes #8696 and was very pleased with both recipes. This was easy to make i did double this with ease. I also used diced italian style tom that i pureed. Will make again. Way better tasting then progresso. thanks for the post.
A great tasting soup.