Top Review by Milla
This is very tasty. I get requests to make this soup all the time now. I made the butternut squash version, adding a ton of dried spices: paprika, basil, oregano, sage, parsley, etc.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (no spices added)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups pumpkin or 4 cups butternut squash, pureed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium flame. Add onion and saute until limp, but not browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in 3 cups of the stock, and let simmer, partially covered, about 15 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes and maple syrup into the food processor and puree. Add to pot above. Add the pumpkin and remaining 1 cup stock.
- Season with the pepper and salt to taste. Reheat. Garnish with finely chopped chives.