Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delightful and healthy.
Make and share this Cream of Tomato and Pumpkin With Fresh Herbs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan. Saute the onions and garlic until tender.
- Add water or broth and worchestershire sauce. (This soup is thick and creamy, for a thinner soup add more broth -- or cream at the end.).
- Add the canned pumpkin, tomatoes and herbs, simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parmesan.
- Puree with a hand blender, be careful not to splash yourself with the hot soup.
- Stir in heavy cream, do not boil after this.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!