Delightful and healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan. Saute the onions and garlic until tender.
- 2Add water or broth and worchestershire sauce. (This soup is thick and creamy, for a thinner soup add more broth -- or cream at the end.).
- 3Add the canned pumpkin, tomatoes and herbs, simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the parmesan.
- 5Puree with a hand blender, be careful not to splash yourself with the hot soup.
- 6Stir in heavy cream, do not boil after this.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Tomato and Pumpkin With Fresh Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 169.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g