Recipe by Sharon123
Homemade soup that doesn't take all day to cook! With the addition of Brie cheese, this soup is a winner!
Top Review by TrebleClef
I'm sorry, but this was very bland. I was expecting it to be rich with the brie, but it was lacking in flavor. I think it's a really good base, but next time I would add garlic and use chicken broth for the entire liquid equivalent instead of water.
- 59.14 ml sliced green onion
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 354.88 ml chopped celery & leaves
- 22.18 ml butter or 22.18 ml margarine, melted
- 354.88 ml water
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 127.57 g brie cheese
- 236.59 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 0.25 ml dried marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onons and celery in butter in a Dutch oven until tender.
- Add water, broth, and potato; cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Pour half of soup mixture into container of an electric blender; process until smooth.
- Repeat procedure with remaining mixture, returning pureed mixture to Dutch oven.
- Remove skin from Brie; add Brie, milk, and remaining ingredients to Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and soup is thoroughly heated.
- Yield: 5 cups.