1/3 Photos of Cream of the Crop Celery Soup
Homemade soup that doesn't take all day to cook! With the addition of Brie cheese, this soup is a winner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery & leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 4 1/2 ounces brie cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- 1Saute onons and celery in butter in a Dutch oven until tender.
- 2Add water, broth, and potato; cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- 3Pour half of soup mixture into container of an electric blender; process until smooth.
- 4Repeat procedure with remaining mixture, returning pureed mixture to Dutch oven.
- 5Remove skin from Brie; add Brie, milk, and remaining ingredients to Dutch oven.
- 6Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and soup is thoroughly heated.
- 7Yield: 5 cups.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of the Crop Celery Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.1
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 627.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g