1/1 Photo of Cream of Sun-Dried Tomato Soup
Miss Annie's Note:
A nice creamy soup. I make this in the summer when the tomatoes are really fresh from the Farmer's Market (canned is ok). The dried tomatoes add another depth to this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups chopped ripe tomatoes or 4 cups canned Italian tomatoes, drained
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato (not in oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground pepper
- chopped chives (to garnish)
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large pot over moderate heat.
- 2Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic and sauté until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the stock, tomatoes, potato, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- 5Puree in a food processor, or blender, in small batches until smooth.
- 6Strain through a fine sieve if desired.
- 7Stir in the milk or cream and season with sugar, salt, and pepper.
- 8Serve garnished with chopped chives.
- 9This soup gets an additional tomato punch from the concentrated flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Sun-Dried Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 378.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g