The basis of any good soup is in the stock that makes it. However, there are constraints in the current kitchen at the café and so, some recipes have to be modified to make things easier to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in the saucepan, add onion and sauté gently for 10mins, until soft, but not coloured.
- 2Add the spinach to the onion, cover with a lid and cook gently for 4 minutes.
- 3Add flour and stir gently for 1 - 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and gently stir in stock and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly then simmer for 3 minutes Season to taste.
- 5Puree soup in a blender or food processor till smooth and return to pot. Bring it to a boil again. Taste and add seasoning as desired.
- 6Serve hot.
- 7Bacon: chop up 250g of bacon and fry in a non-stick pan without oil till crisp. Remove bacon bits from pan and drain on paper towels. Reserve oil and add into the soup for added smokey flavour.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Spinach Soup With Crushed Bacon Chips
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.3
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 601.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 14.5 g