Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I have fallen in love with this easy, delicious soup. Yes, I know it uses a soup mix so food snobs stay away. It is only for plain ole regular folks like me. ;)
Top Review by KelBel
YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!!! I used knorr leek soup mix, skim milk, and olive oil. This is an amazing soup. I used my hand blender to make it extra creamy. Awesome! Just what the Nurse ordered ;-).
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 envelope knorr cream of spinach soup mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, let the butter melt over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, carrot, and spinach; cook and stir frequently for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add the soup mix, then the milk; whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil, add in nutmeg and pepper; lower heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes or so before serving.