Recipe by Veggie Girl.
I came up with this recipe one night when I wanted to use up a container of spinach. It was really easy to make and ended up tasting great.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 1 cup 10% cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until transparent.
- Add potatoes, broth and thyme. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Using an immersion blender, blend until very smooth. Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and green onions.