Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cream of Spinach Soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, chicken bouillon cubes, and spinach.
- Bring to a boil and cook until spinach is tender.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Season with minced onion, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in spinach mixture.
Easy, fast, cheap, good! Texture was creamy. I might use more spinach the next time. I sprinkled a little sharp cheddar on top. That gave it a nice bite. Great base recipe for many other variations. Thanks for putting it up here!