Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This soup is addicting! We like it better than broccoli soup. The recipe comes from a dear friend, who was a chef.
- 78.07 ml butter
- 78.07 ml minced onion
- 78.07 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 1064.65 ml milk
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- In 3qt pan, saute onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in flour; add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Blend in the milk.
- Cook, stirring on med heat until bubbly.
- Keep stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Cook 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Serve piping hot.
Thick, rich and delicious; serve it in sourdough bread bowls! We used 10 oz fresh spinach instead, added 2 gloves garlic and increased the onions.
I really enjoyed this soup. I had to add a little more milk to thin it, for my own taste. Funny by reading the previous review. The only thing I will do next time is add a little more nutmeg. Yes, I will be making this again!
This recipe was great. I added a couple of things though. I sauteed one clove of garlic w/onion & added 1/2 cup of chicken stock & 1/2 cup of half & half to milk mixture.