1/1 Photo of Cream of Spinach and Artichoke Soup My Way
1 hr 30 mins
This mouth watering cream of spinach and artichoke soup is a “soup lovers” delight… and an easy recipe to make because it was created and made “My Way.” This soup contains spinach, creamy Laughing Cow Cheese LOL, potatoes… and a nice medley of spices and herbs. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 3 small red potatoes
- 13 2/3 ounces artichoke hearts (from a can or tin)
- 4 cups chicken stock (2 cans college brand)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 scallions or 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup idaho potato flakes
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, cleaned and chopped up
- 4 ounces laughing cow swiss cheese, 4 wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1Clean potatoes (leave the skin on), cut into small pieces, par-boil (don’t overcook), and then set aside.
- 2For the artichokes drain and squeeze out excess water, cut in half, sprinkle with cinnamon and set aside.
- 3Cut baby carrots into small round pieces and set aside.
- 4Clean scallions or leek, chop and set aside.
- 6Line a metal pan with aluminum foil (for an easy clean-up), add melted butter or margarine and olive oil, add potatoes & artichokes (toss), roast in an oven until tops of vegetables are brown, turn vegetables and brown other side, set aside.
- 7Place frozen spinach in a large pot and cook according to package instructions (add a little water as needed).
- 8Using a hand blender/chopper, chop the cooked spinach a little more (does not have to be finely chopped/pureed).
- 9Add chicken stock, butter or margarine, garlic, carrots, leek (if used) and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the potato flakes, heavy cream, nutmeg and cook on low heat for about another 3 minutes, stir often.
- 10Place soup in individual bowls, then add roasted potato & artichokes on top, sprinkle with scallions (if used) and cilantro.
- 13You can roast any number of vegetables to your liking, as a topping for this soup. Also, you might want to have on the side a bowl of sour cream for guests/family to add to their individual bowels. Plus some warm pita bread or a hard pumpernickel bread would be real nice as well.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Spinach and Artichoke Soup My Way
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.1
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 824.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 23.7 g