1/1 Photo of Cream of Soup Substitute Mix
From my "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes from Edina, MN in 1995. Make 9, 10 ounce cans of soup. This is much less expensive and contains far less sodium than canned soups. Add sautéed chopped mushrooms, chopped celery, or bits of cooked chicken to resemble the cream soup you usually use.
My Private Note
10 ounc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup wyler's very low-sodium instant vegetable bouillon granules or 1/4 cup wyler's very low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules or 1/4 cup wyler's very low-sodium beef bouillon cube
- 5 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl and store in an air-tight container.
- 2To substitute one 10 3/4 ounce can of cream soup, use 1/3 cup mix plus 1 1/4 cups water.
- 3Combine in a medium saucepan and cook until thick.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Soup Substitute Mix
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon granules