Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
No-Fat Cream Soup Mix with Variations. Use this instead of canned cream soups.
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered milk
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken bouillon or 1⁄4 cup vegetable bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- Combine all ingredients and store in covered container. Mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup cold water.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Cook 2 more minutes.
- Mushroom Soup: Add 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms.
Thanks dancer I was looking for an alternative to the big C.... it is getting to expensive these days. And I think this is simple and healther. Added to my camping recipes, just put in zip lock bags, recipes used in tuna casserole, creamed chipped beef, noodles alfredo, looking foward to expermenting with more recipes.
This is great. I have mine stored in an old washed out pickle jar with the recipe taped to the outside for when it is gone. I've used this in casseroles, chicken pot pie, and a beef stew. So easy to make and much cheaper than spending money on cans of "guess what ingredients I really have".