Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from a restaurant, Satterfield's, located in New Roads, Louisiana. It is great served with hot, buttered, crusty French bread on a cold winter night.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 Stick)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon thyme, scant
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, scant
- 1 lb frozen cut corn
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- ground cayenne pepper
- In large heavy pot melt butter and sauté onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic until soft.
- Add thyme, rosemary, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce and crushed bouillon cubes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add flour mixing well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream and milk and whip with whisk until completely blended.
- Cook over low heat until mixture thickens, stirring.
- Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Add corn and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 5-10 minutes or just until shrimp are cooked being careful not to overcook shrimp.
Very yummy indeed!, I pureed a small portion of the soup and then added it back to the pot, I also added about a tbsp of hot sauce.
I loved this recipe...I did substitute a can of corn with green & red peppers (Libby's I think) for the frozen corn. Very easy to make and my family and friends thought it turned out delicious.