This recipe is posted by request and is from Williams-Sonoma.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 small baking potato, peeled and minced
- 2 lbs small shrimp, peeled and deviened-reserve shells
- 2 cups fish stock or 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups light cream
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- white pepper
- parsley (to garnish)
- 1In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the carrots, onion, celery, potato and shrimp shells.
- 3Saute until the onion is translucent and the shells turn pink, around 3 minutes.
- 4Add the stock, cream, thyme, bay and all but 25 shrimp.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- 6In small batches puree the soup in a food mill or food processor.
- 7Force puree through a strainer.
- 8Return the soup to the pan and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- 9Add the remaining shrimp to the pot and cook to heat through, about 3 minutes.
- 10Ladle into 6 bowls with 5 shrimp in each.
- 11Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Shrimp Soup
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.9
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 299.2 mg
- Sodium 398.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g