1/1 Photo of Cream of Scallion Soup
- Carla -'s Note:
A delicious blend of chicken stock, potato and scallions from your garden!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onions.
- 2Cover and cook over a very low heat 10 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- 3Add the potatoes and the chicken stock.
- 4bring to a boil, cover nd simmer over a medium low heat 30 minutes.
- 5Cool soup slightly and purée in a blender or food processor.
- 6Return soup to saucepan and add the cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to suit your taste; reheat soup gently and stir frequently.
- 7Stir in the lemon juice.
- 8Serve each bowl garnished with freshly chopped scallions from your garden.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Scallion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.3
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 1068.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g