Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Southern Living recipe I'm posting here to try later.
- 3 lbs tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 shallots, shredded
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 5 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Brush tomato halves (cut sides) with oil and place cut side down on a foil lined baking sheet. Roast at 400° for 45 minutes. Cool. Remove skins.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add fennel, shallots and carrot. Cook until wilted.
- Add broth and herbs.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove herbs and add tomatoes.
- Blitz in batches in blender. Return to pan, add cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cheesy toasts.