This is a tasty soup that fills the kitchen with a wonderful aroma while it is cooking. I use an immersion blender rather than blending the vegetables in a blender and like to leave some chunks in this. From Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- 2Enclose in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Peel, seed and slice peppers.
- 4Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Add shallots, garlic and thyme and sauté 3 minutes.
- 6Add 3 cups broth and all but 4 slices of roasted pepper.
- 7Simmer uncovered until peppers are very soft, about 20 minutes.
- 8Working in batches, purée soup in blender until smooth.
- 9Return to same pot.
- 10Add half and half, vinegar and cayenne pepper.
- 11Rewarm soup, thinning with additional broth, if desired.
- 12Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 13Ladle soup into bowls.
- 14Garnish with reserved pepper strips and basil.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Red Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 23.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
canned vegetable broth