1/1 Photo of Cream of Pumpkin Soup (Kürbiscremesuppe)
This delicious soup is traditionally served in autuum and a southern Styrian (Province of Austria) speciality. Feel free to add a pinch of cinnamon and garnish with drops of pumpkinseed oil, this really makes a difference! I only use half (100ml) of the usual amount of cream (200ml) as I find that the soup turns out to be sufficiently creamy. If you'd like to go with half of the cream, yet still desire more "texture", cube a medium sized potatoe and add to soup along with the pumpkin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g pumpkin (hokkaido, butternut)
- 750 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml cream
- 50 ml white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter (or oil)
- 3 shallots (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons pumpkinseed oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (chopped)
- 1Heat butter or oil in a large pot and add chopped shallots and garlic. Let fry until translucent.
- 2Add cubed pumpkin and stir.
- 3Add white wine and vegetable broth and let cook until pumpkin cubes are tender (about 15minutes).
- 4Add cream and, if using, a generous pinch of cinnamon.
- 5Puree soup (blender or immersion blender).
- 6Salt and pepper to taste and add chopped parsley (I like french).
- 7Transfer soup into soup bowls/plates and sprinkle with pumpkin seed and about 1 teaspoon of pumpkinseed oil each. If you feel very "decadent" - add a dollop of whipped cream (non sugared :)!).
- 8Serve as entrée or main dish with rustic bread.
Browse Our Top Pumpkin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pumpkin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Pumpkin Soup (Kürbiscremesuppe)
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 21.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: