This is my favorite soup! It's warm and comforting on a chilly Fall evening. I adapted it from a recipe I found on another website years ago. Unlike the original recipe, it's made with milk or soy milk instead of heavy cream, so it's healthy and can be dairy-free!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in margarine in a medium saucepan until tender.
- 2Add 1 can chicken broth; stir well.
- 3Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Transfer broth mixture into the container of a blender or processor.
- 5Process until smooth.
- 6Return mixture to saucepan.
- 7Add remaining can of broth, pumpkin, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground pepper; stir well.
- 8Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Stir in milk or soy milk and heat through.
- 10Do not boil.
- 11Ladle into individual soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 904.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g