Little Bee's Note:
This is just unbelievable It is so different,simple and delicious! A very easy starter for a Fall or Thanksgiving dinner. Perfect for company and will surely impress!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 quart chicken stock or 1 quart chicken broth or 1 quart chicken bouillon (Basic instructions for making stock, broth or bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1/2 cup inexpensive cream sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and gently sauté the onion and garlic until soft and translucent but not yet beginning to brown.
- 2Add the pumpkin and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- 3Allow to cool slightly for safety and then process into a smooth puree in a blender or food processor.
- 4You may need to add a bit of the chicken stock to process, (i did) Pour the pumpkin mixture into a pot and add the remaining chicken stock, dill weed.
- 5Bring to a brisk simmer, whisking all the while, then add the Sherry and cream and continue whisking until hot through but do not allow to boil.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper, and nutmeg (optional) To serve garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of fresh dill weed.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.1
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 272.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g