Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the "Weekend" magazine.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped (without leaves)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon maida flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn, freshly crushed
- Prepare the stock in a pot.
- Add potatoes, onions, celery and salt to it.
- Cook till the potatoes are soft.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Heat butter on low flame.
- Slowly, add in the flour.
- Mix without letting it change colour.
- Remove from flame.
- Add milk, slowly, stirring all the while or lumps will form.
- Add the pureed potato to this white sauce.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Add peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour into individual soup bowls.
- Garnish with parsely.
- Serve hot!