Recipe by Robbie Rice
Warm up on those chilly winter days! This makes great leftovers.
Top Review by Kathy Strickland
This was my first attempt at potato soup. I added chopped celery and a chopped carrot, and some cooked bacon. Using the blender to puree some, made it great. I should have left out the bacon though.
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 709.77 ml potatoes, peeled and diced
- 236.59 ml chicken broth, lowfat okay
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 354.88 ml milk, lowfat okay
- 29.58 ml flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, cook onions in butter until soft.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, thyme, celery seed, salt, and pepper to saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk to saucepan.
- Puree half of soup and flour in blender.
- Return to saucepan.
- Heat through.