Recipe by Robbie Rice
Warm up on those chilly winter days! This makes great leftovers.
Top Review by Kathy Strickland
This was my first attempt at potato soup. I added chopped celery and a chopped carrot, and some cooked bacon. Using the blender to puree some, made it great. I should have left out the bacon though.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth, lowfat okay
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, lowfat okay
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, cook onions in butter until soft.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, thyme, celery seed, salt, and pepper to saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk to saucepan.
- Puree half of soup and flour in blender.
- Return to saucepan.
- Heat through.