Warm up on those chilly winter days! This makes great leftovers.
Make and share this Cream Of Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth, lowfat okay
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, lowfat okay
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In large saucepan, cook onions in butter until soft.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, thyme, celery seed, salt, and pepper to saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk to saucepan.
- Puree half of soup and flour in blender.
- Return to saucepan.
- Heat through.
This was my first attempt at potato soup. I added chopped celery and a chopped carrot, and some cooked bacon. Using the blender to puree some, made it great. I should have left out the bacon though.
I can`t see how a soup with 1 1/2 cups liquid can serve 6. I must say if I used that amount i would have more of a mashed potato with chunks. I did use 4 cups of veggie broth 1 cup just wouldn`t cover the potatoes. I used fresh parsley but adding twice, first when stated and just before serving. Used organic butter and organic milk. Also the potatoes were organic fresh picked so I left the skins on. Just washed the dirt off. Added some pepper flakes to spice it up. I also did use the 2 tablespoon of flour called for and with the liquid I used it was plenty thick. The rating is on how I made it. Thanks for a quick easy soup.
My DH and I really enjoyed this soup. I too added diced celery and sautÃ©ed it with the onion (for personal preference). I also thought it was a good way to put my immersion blender to use since it doesn't get used too often! Served it topped with sliced scallions and shredded cheddar cheese and Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits on the side. Yumm-O!