Prep 5 mins
Cook 192 hrs
A quick way to make potato soup in a crockpot.
- 6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped onion
- finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- finely chopped parsley sprig
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot without any pre-cooking.
- Cook on high 4 to 5 hours or Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Just before serving sprinkle cooked bacon and chopped parsley on each individual servings.
I liked the fact that there is no potato peeling involved. That really speeds the prep time. I didn't add the cheese until the end. I think it would be better to use chicken broth and add the dairy products near the end, because my soup was near curdling when I added the cheese. Plus, it was so thick that the extra liquid would work very well. Thanx for a speedy slowcooker soup!