Recipe by Candice Hibbs
I first had something like this at school I liked it, so I went home and tried to make it myself, I have now perfected it. It's great as a starter or as a meal in itself.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 medium potatoes or 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 10 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, melt butter and sauté onions till soft.
- Add chopped potatoes, chicken broth, thyme, dill, paprika, salt and pepper into pan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Take the pot off heat and mash potato; put pot back on heat.
- Dissolve flour and water together; add to mashed potato.
- Add the milk and cheese soup. Whisk in until it thickens.
- Add cheddar cheese and heat through.