1/1 Photo of Cream of Potato & Cheese Soup
Candice Hibbs's Note:
I first had something like this at school I liked it, so I went home and tried to make it myself, I have now perfected it. It's great as a starter or as a meal in itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 medium potatoes or 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 10 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1In large pot, melt butter and sauté onions till soft.
- 2Add chopped potatoes, chicken broth, thyme, dill, paprika, salt and pepper into pan.
- 3Simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- 4Take the pot off heat and mash potato; put pot back on heat.
- 5Dissolve flour and water together; add to mashed potato.
- 6Add the milk and cheese soup. Whisk in until it thickens.
- 7Add cheddar cheese and heat through.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Potato & Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 590.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g