With this wonderful soup, your mouth, your stomach AND your heart will thank you! Found this healthy soup in a Central American magazine, Mucho Gusto. Although it is a cream soup, there is NO cream, just milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 lb carrot, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 lb broccoli floret
- 1/4 cup white onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk (2% is ok)
- parsley, for garnish
- crouton, for garnish
- 1In a soup pot, melt the butter then add the next seven ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Cook for 5 mintues, stirring occasionally, then add one cup of the broth. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add the remaining broth, the vinegar and the milk. Stir to combine and simmer for one minute.
- 4In batches, liquify the soup in a blender and return to the pan. Adjust salt and pepper.
- 5To serve, garnish with parsley and croutons.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Potato, Broccoli and Carrot
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 476.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar