Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
With this wonderful soup, your mouth, your stomach AND your heart will thank you! Found this healthy soup in a Central American magazine, Mucho Gusto. Although it is a cream soup, there is NO cream, just milk.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 lb carrot, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk (2% is ok)
- parsley, for garnish
- crouton, for garnish
- In a soup pot, melt the butter then add the next seven ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 mintues, stirring occasionally, then add one cup of the broth. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth, the vinegar and the milk. Stir to combine and simmer for one minute.
- In batches, liquify the soup in a blender and return to the pan. Adjust salt and pepper.
- To serve, garnish with parsley and croutons.