Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
With this wonderful soup, your mouth, your stomach AND your heart will thank you! Found this healthy soup in a Central American magazine, Mucho Gusto. Although it is a cream soup, there is NO cream, just milk.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 lb carrot, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk (2% is ok)
- parsley, for garnish
- crouton, for garnish
- In a soup pot, melt the butter then add the next seven ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 mintues, stirring occasionally, then add one cup of the broth. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth, the vinegar and the milk. Stir to combine and simmer for one minute.
- In batches, liquify the soup in a blender and return to the pan. Adjust salt and pepper.
- To serve, garnish with parsley and croutons.