1/1 Photo of Cream of Portobello Soup With Puff Pastry Tops
This tastes as good as it looks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- 2Heat butter in a saute pan over medium high heat and add mushrooms and onions, season with salt and pepper and cook stirring occasionally till softened and the mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- 3Add broth and cream and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4In a blender puree half of the mixture, it is hot so be careful when blending.
- 5Stir puree and sherry or juice into the soup remaining in the pan.
- 6Heat soup till hot, season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- 7Divide the soup into 4- 2 cup oven safe bowls about 5-6 inches in diameter and stir some of the chives into each.
- 8Using a pizza cutter, cut out a disc from the puff pastry about 1/2 inch wider than the bowls.
- 9Brush the inner edges of the pastry with the egg and invert the pastry (egg side down) over the soup bowls and press the edges onto the sides to seal.
- 10Brush the tops with more egg.
- 11Refrigerate 1 hour or up to 1 day in advance.
- 12When ready to serve preheat oven to 400°F.
- 13Put the soup bowls on a baking sheet and bake till golden brown and puffed about 30 minutes.
- 15Prep time does not include refridgeration time.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Portobello Soup With Puff Pastry Tops
Serving Size: 1 (620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1069.2
- Calories from Fat 696
- Total Fat 77.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 975.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 19.8 g