Recipe by Sharon123
A lovely soup that will enhance any meal. This recipe came from Chef Brenda Palmer and was posted on FoodService archives.
Top Review by queenbeatrice
Great soup!! DD does not like mushroom chunks so I cooked all the mushrooms with veggies and followed recipe accordingly after that.Turned out wonderful. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 ounce dry sherry
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan sauté garlic, onion and celery in 1 tablespoon of butter for about 5 minutes. Slice 1/2 mushroom in bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Dice the rest of the mushrooms and add to sautéing vegetables.
- Cook until all of the vegetables are soft, about 5-8 more minutes. Add sherry, stir and remove from the heat. With a handheld blender (or you can use a food processor), purée vegetables until smooth.
- If you need to, add some of the half and half to aid in blending.
- Return to stove, add the rest of the half and half, the sliced mushrooms and the last tablespoon of butter.
- Heat until sliced mushrooms are cooked, about 5-8 minutes, taste, adding salt and pepper if needed, and serve. Enjoy!