- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 10 ounces port wine cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium stockpot, saute carrots and celery 3 to 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and then the chicken stock.
- Whisk to smooth consistency.
- Stir in the milk.
- Whisk in the cheese to melt thoroughly.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and pepper.