Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This looks awesome! Haven't tried it yet, but am storing it here for safe keeping.
- 5 poblano chiles, roasted, seeded and skin removed, if desired
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 small summer squash, finely chopped
- 2 ears sweet corn (the kernels from them)
- 1⁄4 lb manchego cheese, grated
- Combine chiles in a blender with 1 can of milk and chicken stock powder.
- Season to taste with white pepper.
- Melt butter in a casserole over low heat; add cornstarch and cook, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining can of milk, squash and corn.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes or until corn and squash are tender.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.