Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living. Quick soup that's really good with a grilled cheese sandwich.
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- sour cream (optional)
- Place pimento in container of an electric blender and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Set pimento aside.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour and stir until flour mixture is smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and half-and-half gradually to flour mixture, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until broth mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in pimento, onion, salt, and hot sauce; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with sour cream, if desired.
Love pimentos, love this soup! Very simple to make, too.
Fabulous soup! I will make it over and over again. Thanks for sharing, LonghornMama!