Recipe by Boomette
I did this recipe when I was living with my parents a few years ago.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Wonderfully quick to prepare and extremely tasty. But I did make a few changes: just cannot resist doing so with versatile recipes such as soups. Like KITTENCAL I always add onions and garlic in recipes such as this if they are not among the listed ingredients, so I added 1 chopped leek, 1 chopped onion (I love the subtle difference in flavours between the two) 3 cloves of garlic and probably about a teaspoon of a rosemary and sage blend in step two. I used only 31/2 cups of chicken broth so that I could add 1/2 cup of white wine. But otherwise followed the very clear instructions exactly. I'll happily make this again, Boomette. Thanks for sharing.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, in strips
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 10 ounces cream of tomato soup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a casserole, melt 2 teaspoons of butter.
- Brown the peppers 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Let boil 4 minutes.
- Mix in a blender and set aside.
- In a casserole, melt the remaining butter.
- Add the flour and stir.
- Add the mixture of peppers and the remaining chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil by stirring continuously.
- Add the cream of tomatoes.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- And it's ready to serve!