- 1 quart chicken soup base or 1 quart canned chicken broth
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the stock in a 2-qt.
- pot and add the carrots and onion.
- Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Cook, covered, until the vegetables are very tender.
- Puree in a food processor and return to the pan.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer and serve.
- Salt to taste.