Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
***Freeze in individual containers if desired.***
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3⁄4 cup 2% milk
- pepper, to taste
- In saucepan, combine onion, parsnips and first amount of water; simmer covered, for 8 - 10 minutes or until parsnips are tender.
- Puree in blender and set aside.
- In saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat; stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock, cook stirring until mixture comes to boil and thickens.
- Add pureed parsnip mixture, gingerroot, milk and pepper.
- Stir to mix well.
- ***Freeze in individual containers if desired.***.
- Heat through.
- Serve hot or cold. (If too thick, thin with more milk or stock.).