Recipe by Traveling Lady
I received this recipe about 20 years ago from a co-worker and it has become a Christmas Eve tradition. It's a quick and delicious winter supper when served with your favorite homemade bread.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This makes quite a hearty, thick soup that I ended up thinning out a teeny bit with a tad more broth. I used the chicken base. It is also very rich (lots of butter and milk). I used salt and white pepper to season. A really nice cream soup. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or 4 crushed chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook frozen vegetables in a saucepan with 2 cups of water until tender but not soft.
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, melt butter and saute onions and celery until tender.
- Add flour and blend well.
- Stir in Chicken base or Bouillon and milk. Add cooked vegetables with liquid.
- Cook until thickend.
- Add ham and salt and pepper to taste.