Cook1 hr 30 mins
When you're feeling blue or out of sorts, a nice bowl of soup may be just what you need. This recipe fits the bill!
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add 9onions and saute until very tender and pale golden, about 25 minutes.
- Add garlic, and stir 1 minute.
- Add broth and potato and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potato is very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender.
- Return to pot.
- Stir in cream, sherry and thyme.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chives.