1/1 Photo of Cream of Onion Soup
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
When you're feeling blue or out of sorts, a nice bowl of soup may be just what you need. This recipe fits the bill!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add 9onions and saute until very tender and pale golden, about 25 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, and stir 1 minute.
- 4Add broth and potato and bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potato is very tender, about 25 minutes.
- 6Cool slightly.
- 7Working in batches, puree soup in blender.
- 8Return to pot.
- 9Stir in cream, sherry and thyme.
- 10Simmer about 10 minutes.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Sprinkle with chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.8
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g