Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a wonderful soup from the Foodcourt column by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend magazine(dated Jan2'04). Hope you enjoy it!
- 4 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup black olives, drained,washed,stoned and finely minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup celery, washed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, blanched,skinned and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, washed and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a saucepan on slow flame.
- Melt butter in it.
- Add flour and blend it gradually as you do so.
- Stir-cook this continuously for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and allow to simmer.
- Stir in olives and cream.
- Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, celery, almonds, spring onions and parsley.
- Serve hot.