1/2 Photos of Cream of Nettle Soup (vegan)
Lucy Burnett's Note:
Don't worry - they don't sting when cooked! Nettles are very nutrient rich and of course - free! Don't gather them beside a busy road where they will have been contaminated by traffic fumes - we pick them in our garden. If you keep cutting them from springtime you get a regular supply of fresh leaves. Though we stop using them into summer as they seem to get rather insecty!
My Private Note
large o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the onion and garlic in the oil or margarine for a few minutes.
- 2Stir in the nettles (no need to chop or remove stalks) until they soften.
- 3Stir in the flour and gradually add the soya milk and water or stock, stirring all the time.
- 4Add seasonings and liquidise.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Nettle Soup (vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.1
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: