Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
very flavorful and creamy, and offers the low sodium and low calories. Great to keep a pot for snacking on in a healthful way. Great for heart diets.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 cup fat free Coffee-mate
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 7 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 12 ounces fat free sour cream
- 10 ounces salt-free hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Melt butter in large stock pan, dutch oven style. Add 1/2 mushrooms, garlic, herbs and spices, garlic, onions, green onions, chives, basil. Saute for a few moments.
- Add water, milk, coffee mate, sour cream, ricotta cheese, and shredded potatos. Can buy the hashbrowns, but make sure they are no salt or preservatives added (fresh shredded hash browns.).
- Cook this for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it does not stick to bottom.
- Transfer half at a time into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer back into pan and add the other cup of mushrooms, these can be any kind of mushroom sliced.
- Cook another 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it does not stick.
- Good served hot and right after cooking, or to store in refridgerator and heat up as desired.