1/1 Photo of Cream of Mushroom Soup
This is one of our favourites on a cold winter night!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry onions& garlic in margarine in a heavy pot until soft.
- 2Roughly chop about 3/4's of the mushrooms, add to the pot& fry until soft.
- 3Stir in the flour until well mixed, gradually add stock& bring to a boil.
- 4Lower heat, add seasonings& mace and simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
- 5Liquidize the soup in a blender& return to the pot.
- 6Finely chop remaining mushrooms& add to the soup along with the milk.
- 7Bring back to the boil, reduce heat& simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8Add lemon juice& cream and reheat.
- 9DO NOT BOIL.
- 10Ladle into bowls& garnish with onion rings, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 337.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g