Recipe by Laka
Thick and creamy #soup, with no cream, is velvety smooth and tastes incredibly rich and #aromatic.
- 1⁄4 cup porcini mushroom, dried
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, roughly chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 50 g basmati rice
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 800 ml vegetable broth from 1 vegetable bouillon cubes (or mushrooms cube)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cream (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak dried porcini mushrooms for 5 minutes in ½ cup hot water. Strain, but keep the water.
- Sauté onions and garlic in a soup pot for 3-4 minutes in olive oil, add the mushrooms and stir.
- Add rice, fresh thyme, hot vegetable broth and porcini water. Bring to the boil and then cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- With the stick blender purée the soup to a desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with croutons and swirl in the cream.