Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you are not a raw food vegan then try this recipe with an open mind. Raw foodists try not to cook anything if they can avoid it. I haven't tried this recipe but posted it because it looked interesting.
- 3 cups walnuts
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup nama shoyu (Unpasteurized fermented soybean sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground flax seeds
- 1 cup mushroom, soaked in nama shoyu for 1 hour and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms, soaked in nama shoyu,for 1 hour and drained
- Place walnuts, garlic water, Nama shoyu, and rosemary in blender and blend until creamy.
- Add ground flax seed and blend well.
- Pour into a serving dish and add mushrooms.
I liked this except I think (for me) there is too much garlic. (Of course, I'm used to my garlic cooked! lol. And far less spicy.) I will reduce the amount of garlic when I make this again. Oh! Just realized I forgot to add the flax seeds. oops. I did add the chopped mushrooms to the blended part and I used (for half a batch) about a teaspoon of dried rosemary. *Reviewed for My-3-Chefs*. Okay. I added the flax. I think it's good either way. But, whew! That's a lot of garlic! lol. Also, the soy sauce-soaked mushrooms are a real treat.