1/2 Photos of Cream of Mushroom Soup
8 hrs 10 mins
Lou van's Note:
This came from blitzing the remainders of a mushroom, leek, potato and blue cheese vegetable dish. I cooked it in a slow cooker but I'm sure it could be sucessfully adapted to be cooked on the hob. This makes a rather thick soup, add more stock after liquidising if you want it thinner. The following day - This was a great creamy consistency for soup as soon as it was cooked, however I've just cooled it overnight and reheated it and I have to say that the consistency is too thick for soup (however would make a great mushroom and blue cheese sauce for steak) so if you intend to chill it in my opinion you will need to reduce it with some more chicken stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan.
- 2Fry the leeks gently for 5 mins then add the garlic, thyme and salt and pepper, gently fry for another 5 minutes.
- 3Par boil the potatoes for approximately 7 minutes.
- 4Put the potatoes, leeks and mushrooms into the slow cooker.
- 5Add the stock and cook on low for approx 7 hours.
- 6Add cream and cheese 15 minutes before end of cooking time and turn cooker onto high.
- 7Liquidise in a blender and check seasoning before serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 306.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g