Recipe by BrandeeKWD
I love to have this on a cold day. I also use it in a lot of my casseroles. I find it is so much better when it is homemade!
Top Review by Tea Jenny
Hi Brandee, I can see what you mean about using it in a casserole it's very creamy and rich, and I think it would be lovely with chicken, I will try that later but use a chicken stock, I used a beef stock this time, and the butter with the flour. It was so quick to make and we liked it a lot, we have soup nearly every day and this one is now on the menu, I will make it again not just as soup but a base for chicken casserole. Thank you for a keeper. Made for PAC spring 2009
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 bouillon cubes (I prefer beef)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sliced mushrooms in medium sized saucepan. Add enough water to just cover the tops.
- Bring to boil; add bouillon and let dissolve.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the flour.
- Add milk to the mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the butter/flour mixture a little at a time, whisking in well each time. For a thinner soup, use less. For a thicker soup, use more.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until it is as thick as you like!